The wonderful people who toil at LP Food at Work have nominated Bowel Cancer UK as the Charity that they would like us to support this year.
As a result of this we are going to hold loads of exciting activities. We will be raising as much money as possible for Bowel Cancer UK throughout 2019.
We are starting with money taken from selling Pancakes at a number of our sites on Shrove Tuesday.
Now, here is a sneak peek of a tasty pancake or two to tantilise those taste buds and get you spending !
In addition LP Food at Work will also match funds raised by individual employees.
So why did our people choose Bowel Cancer UK ?
…because Bowel Cancer Uk is determined to save lives, improving the quality of life of everyone affected by bowel cancer. Obviously, early diagnosis is key, accompanied by access to best treatment and care.
Vision: A future where nobody dies of bowel cancer.
What Bowel Cancer UK do:
- Campaign for early diagnosis and access to best treatment and care across the UK.
- Support and fund targeted research to help stop people dying of bowel cancer.
- Provide expert information and support for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
Interestingly, here are the facts about Bowel Cancer in the UK and why taking action is so important.
- Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK.
- Around 268,000 people in the UK today have been diagnosed with bowel cancer.
- More than 16,000 people die from bowel cancer in the UK every year.
- Bowel cancer is the UK’s second biggest cancer killer. However it shouldn’t be because it is treatable and curable especially if diagnosed early.